There were many titles last year that rubbed gamers the wrong way. Whether it was through excessive microtransactions, lack of content, frustrating content, or a complete opposite of what the previous game was in the series, players had a lot to be upset about. One of the games that did a lot of these mistakes was Destiny 2. To their credit though, Bungie has been working hard to try and fix things.
Since last years launch (and the problems and backlash that came with it), Bungie has been working on various patches to improve things, and they’ve enlisted the community to help them fix things. In their latest update, Bungie outlined certain things for Patch 1.1.4.
- When playing strike or Crucible activities, “repeat reduction” will be introduced to prevent players from having to play the same strike or crucible map many times in succession
- Exotic repetition reduction will prevent players from receiving the same Exotic reward multiple times in a row from Exotic engrams
- Players can still receive repeated Exotic rewards from Milestones and other sources
- Increased the max power handicap from 40 to 45 on the Nightfall Challenge Card
- The timer to activate patrols has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second
- Fixed an issue where players could be prevented from reaching the boss encounter of “A Garden World”
- Fixed an issue where some Emblems were not displaying what statistic they track
- Fixed an issue where applying or previewing a shader on an item would return players to the top page of the shader inventory”
Whether this will quell some of the backlash from players is still up in the air. But for now, it’s a start.