Square Enix has just released the preliminary Final Fantasy XIV patch notes for its upcoming 4.1 update. The patch is set to arrive on October 10th and is titled The Legend Returns.
The patch brings a variety of changes to Final Fantasy XIV, including the ancient city of Skalla, a new residential zone called Shirogane and more. Before we discuss the patch notes, take a look at the 4.1 trailer.
In order to access most of the contents of the 4.1 update you will need to have all the expansions available for Final Fantasy XIV. The patch adds new main scenario quests, including: Arenvald’s Adventure, The Darkness Below and 9 more, that haven’t been named yet. Chronicels of a New Era quests are also being added, including Dramatis Personae and A City Fallen.
Other changes in Patch 4.1:
- Players can move between Onokoro and Sakazuki by speaking with the NPCs at the locations below after completing the main scenario quest “Tide Goes in, Imperials Go Out.”
- Players can move to the Royal Menagerie by speaking with the Royal Menagerie attendant in the Ala Mhigan Quarter (X:36.4 Y:32.1) after completing a certain main scenario quest.
- New side story quests: A Hingan Tale: Nashu Goes East
- Kojin beast tribe quests have been added.
- A vendor has been added to the Kojin beast tribe settlement, with new items available for purchase.
- The Kojin main quests and daily quests will employ an automatic level adjustment system known as quest sync…
The alliance raid dungeon The Royal City of Rabanastre has been added.
New PvP actions have been added:
- Thrill of War
- Dragon Sight
- Sleeve Draw
- Minor Arcana
- Lord of Crowns
- Lady of Crowns
PvP actions have been adjusted
The amount of PvP experience received from PvP duties has been increased.
The Feast (4 on 4 – Training Match) has been added, and is available via the Duty Finder
New recipes have been added.
New items have been added.
The vitality attribute has been added to gatherer gear at level 60 and above.
Players can now speak with M’Naago to complete custom deliveries.
New mounts have been added.
The Sleipnir mount can now fly.
New minions have been added.
New Chocobo Barding has been added.
New achievements and titles have been added.
Glamours can now be unlocked at level 15.
Players can now add other players form different Worlds within the same data center to their friends list.
These are some of the major changes that patch 4.1 brings to Final Fantasy XIV, but if you want to see them all, head over to the official announcement page. The update goes live in just a few days, so make sure you don’t miss it!